From trail closures to pet safety
Wildfires are a natural part of living in California and can benefit the land. They can also be destructive. Solano Land Trust is committed to public safety, and we close our properties to the public when the National Weather Service issues red-flag warning days, or when wildfires are nearby.
Red-flag warnings may affect Solano Land Trust properties, including:
• Lynch Canyon Open Space Park
• Rockville Trail Preserve
• Jepson Prairie
• King-Swett Ranches
• Rush Ranch (the picnic area and Nature Center will remain open for Access Adventure volunteers only)
• To learn if Solano Land Trust properties are closed, please visit the new wildfire safety page on our website.
• CAL FIRE provides a comprehensive array of information on how to prepare for wildfires.
• CAL FIRE provides an updated incident map.
• CAL FIRE’s Twitter handle is @CAL_FIRE.
• Solano County Office of Emergency Services provides information on the park and open space closures.
• PG&E supplies information on how to prepare for a Public Safety Power Shutoff or an outage.
• When you’re preparing emergency to-go bags, don’t forget about your pets. PetSmart provides tips that can help your pets during an emergency.
• The California Farm Bureau Federation provides fire safety tips for evacuating families and farm animals.
• While official drones can help firefighters spot and fight fires, fire officials ask that you keep drones grounded during fires. Drones flown by amateurs above or near a wildfire will impede or delay firefighting. CAL FIRE reminds the public not to fly drones over wildfires.
Have a plan, check on your neighbors, and stay safe! Thank you for being part of this community that cares about land, wildlife, and people.
Images courtesy of Aleta George and the California Farm Bureau Federation.